Yields 4 Servings
Fresh peaches are startlingly good in this Italian bread salad with tomatoes and basil.
5 minPrep Time
6 minCook Time
11 minTotal Time
- 1½ cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. olive oil, divided use
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 3 slices whole-grain bread
- 3 ripe medium peaches, cut in half, pits removed
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Preheat grill to high.
- Combine tomatoes, shallot, 2 tbsp. oil, vinegar, salt (if desired), and pepper (if desired); whisk to blend. Set aside.
- Toast bread on grill for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until browned. Cool; tear into bite-sized pieces. Place in a medium serving bowl. Set aside.
- Brush cut side of peaches evenly with remaining 1 tsp. oil. Place cut side down on grill. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until just charred but still firm. Remove from heat. Cool; slice into bite-sized pieces.
- Add tomato mixture, peaches, and basil to bread; toss gently to blend.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories: 187 Fat: 9 g Saturated Fat: 1 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 75 mg Carbohydrate: 25 g Fiber: 5 g Sugar: 11 g Protein: 5 g
P90X/P90X2 Portions (per serving) ½ carb/grain 1 fruit
Body Beast Portions (per serving) 1 starch 1½ fruit